Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 15: Something I never leave the house without

I'm asthmatic and literally have not left my home without my inhaler in probably 20 years. I was diagnosed pretty young and my asthma is severe, so it's imperative that I have access to it at all times. Over the years, the right combination of medicine has made it bearable to live with asthma and I don't use my inhaler nearly as often as I used to. In fact, it's been about a year since I got a refill and it's still pretty full. My first reaction was "well how will I ever take a picture of my phone with my phone" and then realized....the real thing I've never left home without. It's my lifeline. Literally. I hate being chained to it and when I go on long trips, I make sure to take a spare just incase. It kind of controls me. My asthma is a lot better, but I still don't feel safe enough to be more than 2 minutes away from my inhaler at any given time.

No comments: