Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12: Three Blogs I Can't Get Enough Of

1. Ashley's Closet - I stumbled upon her blog during my pregnancy by googling "kidisms" and have fallen in love with Big Kid and Little Kid. I look forward to her posts every day.

2. Post Secret - Everyone loves Post Secret. Fresh new secrets served up every Sunday. Although I could do without the stupid videos.

3. Jennsylvania - This is the blog of one of my favorite authors, Jen Lancaster. I was given her book as a birthday gift from my dear friend, Laura. Laura knows me so well and gave me this book during my baby blues haze. Ryan was born 8 days before my birthday and that book got me through some rough nights and long days. I love Jen's blog. Keeps me salivating for her new book!

Honorable mention: So Fawned - I stole this whole 30 days hath November thing from her, only, I didn't make up my own topics. Why do the work when someone else does it for you?

Well, Ryan is gone away with my mom for the weekend. We have some upcoming plans that will require my mom to not see him for about a week, so we lent him out to her for the weekend again.

I was momentarily sad when she brought him by work today. I held him in the parking lot, snuzzled his little cheeks and kissed him until he pushed me away and said goodbye 'til Sunday. I miss him infinitely. I came home from work today, alone, and sifted through the mail, walked around aimlessly and ended up in his room next to his little crib where his jammies from last night still lay discarded. I picked them up and breathed his scent in. Even now, sitting in bed with my sleeping husband, I can't help but wish Baby Ryan were snoozing in the other room. I'm sure I'll be thankful at 5:15 (his new wake up time since daylight savings) tomorrow though.

No comments: