Since I work for a large retailer, we don't get black Friday off. Actually, one of the fun things about working where I do is getting to work in the stores every once in a blue moon. Black Friday is a popular day for us corporate people to lend a hand in the stores. They need the help and it's free payroll for them. I headed out to my closest store this morning around 6:45. I stopped to get donut holes for the store associates. My goal was to be there before the bus of EVPs and SVPs arrived. No dice. I had already missed them even though I was there by 7:10. My first job was greeting customers and handing out chocolate bars. Next, I was assigned to an aisle that looked like a tornado had hit it. I didn't get to finish it, but got most of the way through. Since most people DO have today off, I needed to come home and get Ryan to bed for his nap. I did that and have since been in my office working. That's definitely a downfall of working from home. Even though I can shut the door, it's always lurking behind it. Plus, I'm not technically "off" today, so I should be working.
Now that it's nearing evening, I'm going to be shutting my stuff off for the weekend and spending some time with my family.
Now, onto my "What I Am Thankful For" list:
1. My family. My husband. My son. My parents. All of them.
2. Coffee. I've recently started grinding it fresh. Hell, I'm having a cup now.
3. Sleep. It just feels good.
4. All the material things in my life that make things easier (my iphone, dvr, laptop, online banking, keyless car so I never lose my keys)
5. My job. There are times when I wish my job wasn't as stressful, but overall, I like my boss, I like the company I work for, I like the actual work I do. Plus, I get to work from home in my jammies all day and get paid pretty darn well for it.
6. My friends. They're there when I need them and when I don't. That's all you can ask for.
7. Macy's. Yes, seriously. I LOVE Macy's. I love how it looks. I love how it smells. I love how it makes me feel to shop there. I suddenly find myself thinking, "Hmm, maybe I can go tonight!"
8. Our home. There are so many people who have so much less than we do. We are very fortunate.
9. My health. I'm young and in good health. I should take better care of my body.
10. More than anything, I'm thankful for Ryan. He brings me joy that I didn't know existed. He makes me laugh every day. He is full of wonder and love and I could stand to learn a thing or two from him.
That's my top 10. I could name more, I suppose, because I do reflect frequently on how fortunate I am to have all the things I do. And I am thankful for them. Now, to decide whether I want to go to Macy's or decorate my house this evening.