Sunday, October 3, 2010


I know everyone says weekends are too short, but seriously, they are. How is it that two days on the weekend fly by but Tuesday and Wednesday at work are not equally fast? We had a good weekend. Yesterday, we headed out to the Coppell Farmer's Market and bought lots of goodies. As I mentioned previously, I wanted to try my hand at making my own baby food, which I did Saturday. I baked 3 yams and boiled 3 apples. Ryan got to taste the yams while they were fresh after they had cooled and he loved them. Haven't had a chance to try the apples yet. I love the stick blender my stepmom gave me. She found it in her house, unopened, unused, and circa 1989. Works like a champ! Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to get the frozen cubes to pop out of the ice cube trays. I got one out. One out of 3 trays. Not one tray. One cube. I gave up and put them back in the freezer. Ryan can survive on a few more days of store bought organic fruit and veggies. But, I'm pretty proud of myself. And the juice from the boiled down apples was mighty tasty! Saturday evening, Paul and I cooked a frozen pizza and vegged out.

Today was quite busy. It was my day to sleep in, so I slept until about 7:30 and then got up to join my boys in the living room. Ryan took a short nap and I decided that today was a day to get out of the house. Ryan isn't a homebody. I know it sounds crazy to say that an infant likes to get out, but he does! We all got dressed and headed to my mom's house. We passed Diane's parents' house on the way and dropped by to say hello. They are both elderly and so love to see Ryan. They are from Cuba and while both speak perfect English, there's something about them fawning over Ryan in Spanish that tugs at my heartstrings. We got to my mom's and forced them out of their lazy Sunday plans of doing nothing and all went to the pond. We took all 4 doggies and had a great time. Riley got away from Diane (he's a runner, that one) and my mom got to take a nice sprint to catch him. Other than that, it was uneventful. I am so glad fall is here. We got to bundle little Ryan up and push him while we all watched Baxter and Clyde frolic in the water with the ducks nearby. After we went to the pond, we went back to my mom's and had an impromptu lunch of tomato basil soup and sandwiches with iced tea. My mom and I headed to Walmart after that to pick up the 2nd and 3rd secondary carseats. I wanted to make my very own babylegs, so we got some socks and made them (pictures to follow). I can't wait to try them on Ryan! We all decided we wanted some pizza, so Paul went to Pizza Patron and picked up a couple of pizzas.

And since then, we've been bumming around at home. Ryan appears to be teething. Crying uncontrollably, red cheeks, drooling so much that his shirt is soaked. We took him for a walk around our neighborhood and didn't hear a peep from him until we came back inside and the screaming commenced. Thankfully, he's in bed sleeping now and mommy can rest.

We are tired tonight.

No comments: