Another reason I love fall: playoff baseball. And this year is really exciting. It's the first time ever that the Texas Rangers have made it past the first round of the playoffs. They're actually leading the series against the Yankees in the ALCS 3-1 (soon to be 3-2, unfortunately). I was never a big baseball fan before moving to Chicago. I thought it was boring, long, hot, and a form of punishment. Now that I've been watching for the last 6 years or so, I appreciate it and love going to games as well as just watching it at home. I haven't updated in awhile because that's pretty much all I've been doing: watching baseball. I'm watching it now. And now for Game 6 on Friday. Come on, Rangers!
Anyways, I'm reading Valley of the Dolls. Again. I just really like the story and I wish that there was a sequel. I know it isn't the classiest of books to read, but it's a guilty pleasure. It's my mom's book, actually. I like having something of her's with me.
Halloween is just around the corner and I'm excited! I was finally able to get Ryan's costume from my dear friend Amy. It is so cute! It's a giraffe from TCP and I don't think they sell it anymore. I haven't seen too many people saying they're kid is dressing up as a giraffe anywhere online, so he will be unique. It's a great costume and is excellent quality. It's fur and has a little giraffe hood and giraffe booties. I absolutely cannot WAIT to take his picture in it. I can't believe October is already over halfway gone. November is coming fast.
November, for us, brings:
- Ryan will be 6 months old! Half a year! How is that possible?!
- Ryan's 6 month photo session with Heather King, photographer extraordinaire.
- Ryan's 6 month pediatrician visit and vaccinations.
- Our road trip to Chicago via Memphis. I am excited about this because I've never been to Arkansas or Tennessee, so it'll be a new experience. Also, Ryan's first road trip. Should be interesting!
- Finally, Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season
Anyways, I am losing control of my house and should probably do something about the dishes in the sink, laundry piles in our bedroom and laundry room, and toys in the living room. But I'll probably just watch tv or read instead. I make grown up choices!