Sunday, October 10, 2010

Good Weekend

It seems like Friday night was yesterday. The weekend went by so fast!

Friday night, I stayed up until 10:30!!! Which is late for me. It was awesome. I vegged out in my bed and watched dvr'd Grey's, 90210, and Project Runway. And I still have dvr'd House and The Event and another 90210 to watch!

Saturday, I blissfully woke up at 7:30 and realized Paul was awake too. I love it when we wake up at the same time and spend a few minutes just snuggling without talking. We got up around 7:40 and went to breakfast. I had french toast with scrambled eggs and bacon and coffee. It was awesome. After breakfast, we had intended to go to the Coppell Farmer's Market like we usually do. We swung by CVS to pick up my 'scrip and came home. Once we got back home, we didn't want to leave again, so we hung out at home doing whatever. I took a nice long nap.

We made plans to meet up with Kim and Doug at Buffalo Wild Wings to drink beer and catch the Rangers game (sadly, they lost). Kim is my internet friend from Lammytown and I was very anxious to meet her. Her daughter, Avery, is slightly younger than Ryan and so we have lots to talk about. We had a great time. We got there at about 3:30 and sat in the bar. Kim and Doug came in around 3:40 and we all drank and ate and had a great time. Before we knew it, 5 hours had passed and it was 8:30. Kim's husband bought a few rounds of shots, so we were pretty tipsy. I had to quit drinking because I know my limits and Paul didn't want to be rude and refuse the shots, so I had to make sure I could drive. We had a great time and I'm glad we've made new friends. They live so far away, though! I'm looking forward to hanging out more often.

Anyways, I drove us home and felt awful. I don't do well with alcohol. It's all fun and games at first, but then it almost always takes a turn for the worse after I get home. So we got home and my head was pounding. I washed my face and took some ibuprofen for my headache and tried to lay down, but the room was spinning. So I laid on my side in agony and made my husband stay by my side. I always know when I'm gonna puke, so I went ahead and got up and went into the bathroom. It was quick and although I threw up my entire dinner and beer, I felt sooooo much better afterwards. So I took a little nap from about 10 to 12:30 and then got up and ate a bowl of cereal and internetted for awhile before going back to bed.

Today, Paul and I again both woke up at the same time, around 7:30. We didn't have any creamer for the coffee, so Paul made a Starbucks run while I made us eggs, sausage, and toast. We ate breakfast together and then Paul went to the grocery store while I did the dishes and laundry. I managed to get that baby food I made out of the ice cube trays, so Ryan has yams and apples to chow down on whenever. We decided to go shopping, so we got dressed and headed to World Market and Macy's. I got several Christmas presents and a birthday present for my mom. Now we're hanging out watching the Rangers game.

I am picking up Ryan in about 20 minutes and I can't wait! I haven't seen him in nearly 48 hours and I miss him so much! So we'll spend the afternoon playing and then before I know it, it'll be bedtime and the start of a new work week.

We had a wonderful weekend together. And to top it off, today is Ryan's 5 month birthday!

No comments: