Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vacation all I ever wanted

I'm tired today. Husband and I have a deal that involves him getting up with the baby on weekends (and every other day) and I get to sleep in. So even though I got plenty of sleep, I'm still kind of dragging today.

This is my first week of WW fail. I gained half a pound this week. I think I need a reminder as to why I'm choosing to lose weight. I reach this point pretty early in my weight loss, where I decide I don't care and quit. So I'm trying to renew my efforts. I am pledging to do better this week. Which I know I say every week...but, I've already done pretty awesome this weekend, eating junk food only once. And that was our traditional Friday night pizza. But, pizza's on a moratorium because....

WE'RE GOING ON VACATION!!!

Woo hoo! The temporary halt on pizza isn't because I need to look better in a swimsuit (let's face it, I won't ever look GOOD). It's because we're saving money for our vacation. We decided that we'd use our tax return to go on a cruise to the Bahamas and Florida Keys. A couple of things made this possible:

1. We're credit card debt free, so no lingering debts to use our tax return to pay off
2. My company has a bonus program, so I'll be getting a bonus in April and using that money to work on our 2nd living area.
3. Southwest is having a deal where if you get approved for their credit card, you get TWO free flights. Of course I was approved.

We had originally said no vacation this year because my SIL is getting married in November and we'd need to fly to Chicago for her wedding. Flights aren't cheap these days and so we knew we'd need our tax return for that as well as lodging at the place she's getting married, plus gifts, attire, etc. Well, since I got approved for the card and got the free flights, and since we are getting my bonus to work on the house, we decided to use our tax return on ourselves. I can't wait.

We'll be gone for a whole week to the Bahamas and Keys and I plan on drinking a lot of margaritas and getting tan. And I cannot wait! I am positive it's going to be hard to leave Ryan for a whole week, but I am very much looking forward to some grown up time with Paul.

Speaking of Ryan...he is 9 months old! We went for his 9 month checkup on Friday and he's doing great. 21.5 lbs (54th percentile), 29 inches tall (75th percentile). He's physically advanced and is operating at the 11 month old level. He's crawling like a maniac and can cruise like no one's business. He's starting to let go and turn corners and then scares himself when he realizes he isn't holding onto anything. I think he'll be walking within the next month or two. When his ped asked if he was trying to crawl, I laughed. He can stand up holding onto a wall now. He doesn't even need a flat surface. He says mama sometimes, but isn't saying dada or baba. I'm a little worried that he isn't saying those things, but he does seem to be saying hola a lot. The doc said that sometimes kids who are advanced in their motor skills are slower to talk, and vice versa. So I'm trying not to worry about it.

Here he is in all his 9 month glory:

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Yay vacation! We thought we were going to get to go to San Diego for a wedding during spring break, but some of the details changed and now it's too expensive. Plus our tax return is not at all what we thought it would be. Enough to refill savings and get some patio furniture for all the outside play with Aiden this summer.