Saturday, February 5, 2011

Maybe I finally get it

So Friday morning, I was really skeptical about having yet another day as a stay at home mom. See my previous post.

Well, Ryan was the sweetest, happiest, funnest baby ever. We spent all day at home playing and I was kind of sad when they day came to a close and he went to bed at 7:30. Since it snowed all night, and the sheets of ice from the 3 previous days hadn't melted, we really were home bound. We had been able to make the short trip to my mom's on Wednesday and Thursday but Friday, it just wasn't possible. I was REALLY leery about the prospect of not even getting another set of hands to help out. But it was fine. Fun, even.

In fact, I think I kind of get it now. I had a great time with him. We got up around 7 AM, played, had breakfast, played, took a nap, played, lunch, played, nap, played, dinner, played, bath, played, bedtime. It was fun! I can imagine it might be fun to stay home on days like that. No doubt that I still NEED to be a workin' mama, but I totally related to my stay at home sister mamas that day.

I also weighed in yesterday and am proud to report another loss of 1 lb. I'm up to 8 lbs lost. Yes, it's slow. And becoming increasingly challenging. I have days where I just want to eat junk. Today is one of those days. This entire week was challenging since I wasn't at work and essentially locked in a house 24/7. I had a hard time not eating tons of junk. And I did eat my fair share. I hope to get back on track tomorrow.

While I'm ready to get back to work, I know that 4 days lost is going to be a hard hit. I'm counting down the days until April when we're done with peak season.

No comments: