Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 4

It's Snow Day: Day 4.

I miss work.

Our heater isn't keeping up with the outside temperatures. It's not cold inside, just not as warm as we usually keep it.

And tomorrow is the weekend. When I normally decompress and enjoy family time. I've had 3 solid days of family time. Today will be the 4th.

I mean...what is wrong with me? What kind of mother DOESN'T want to stay home and spend time with their baby? I seriously think something is wrong with me. At least I'm not alone. My husband hasn't been at work since Monday, either. The difference is that he has VPN access and I don't, so he actually is working, just not at his office. I'm insanely jealous.

Maybe I'd feel differently if we weren't housebound. We have spent the last two days at my mom's, so we've had 5 adults playing with 1 very rambunctious baby. Today, the roads are too treacherous to make the 3.1 mile trek to her house. That's how bad it is. Thankfully, we have plenty of food and between the two of us, we can switch off taking care of Ryan. He is not a homebody. My mom, who watches him while we are at work, frequently takes him with her out to lunch and shopping. I'm pretty sure he's as tired of being home as we are. I'll just take some comfort in thinking that maybe I wouldn't mind staying home if I were allowed to leave my house.

I'm going to try and relax and maybe bake something.

No comments: