Sunday, February 27, 2011

In other news...

I'm trying to stop worrying that lady down the street thinks I'm a creepy baby snatcher. So, in other news...

We booked our cruise last night! Yay! Uncle Sam deposited our tax return into our checking account on Friday and I promptly spent all but $100 of it last night. I am very excited about this vacation. It's been a pattern for us to cruise every other year but the last two years have seemed so eventful and hectic that this vacation seems like a long long loooong time coming. I can't freaking wait. 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days to go!

I'm also working hard at losing weight. I lost 1.5 lbs this past week. I attribute it to meal planning, tracking, and getting some exercise in. It's so nice out now that I can take Ryan for walks pretty much daily. Paul met his first 10 lb goal and got a reward. I still have 1 lb to go to get to 10 lbs and then I'll get mine. I just have a hard time staying on track on the weekends. Right now, I'm thinking about whether or not I want to go out to breakfast and get some yummy banana pecan pancakes. See what I mean?

Consignment sale season is upon us! Last weekend, I met up with my bff, Kelli on Saturday for some Divine pre-sale shopping. Then again on Sunday with Kim! No sales this weekend, but the big JBF Sale in Ft. Worth is next Saturday. I'm meeting up with Kelli again and am very excited. It's nice that we can shop together since we both have boys and don't have to split up. I'm planning on dropping the most cash at this one on clothes. But there are still a few more sales coming up that I want to go to.

Ryan's with his grandma at the ranch this weekend, so I spent yesterday with all the doors and windows open airing the house out, cleaning, and doing laundry. He'll be home sometime today. I woke up ridiculously early this morning (around 6:30) and laid in bed for awhile. I got up around 7, started the dishwasher, made coffee, showered, and have been sitting on the couch sipping coffee and enjoying the silence for awhile now. I cherish the moments I get to spend all by myself, no talking required. I miss my little boy, but I'll see him later today, and this was a much needed break. Not to mention my house is in order again.

Despite the fact that I do miss my alone time and my living room is now filled with plastic rainbow colored toys, I can't wait to do this all again in a couple of years!

No comments: