Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturdays

I remember when I went back to work, I kind of dreaded the weekends. I mean, what kind of mother dreads spending time with her newborn baby? It was just so exhausting to come home on Fridays and know that I'd do more work taking care of Ryan on the weekends than I did during my regular office hours. I've only been back at work for 2 months. It seems like it's been much much longer. But, I no longer dread the weekends. I love Fridays, not only for the free donuts at work and ability to wear jeans, but now I can't wait to see my baby boy and play with him all weekend. It's just easier now. I don't know at what point it changed. I'm not sure when it just seemed to be easier, more fun. But it is and I love weekends now.

A typical Saturday starts with a trip to the Farmer's Market. Sadly, it was raining this morning and we didn't go. I also happened to have plans. My coworker and newfound friend, Erica, invited me over to create glitter pumpkins. We had a great time. She is always talking about her two cats, Kodie and Isaac, so it was nice to meet them. True to his reputation, Isaac (aka Satan) lured me in with his cuteness and sweetness and then bit my hand. Erica's told me stories of Isaac cornering her house guests and clawing them or biting them. She warned me not to pet him and couldn't give me a tour of her upstairs because Isaac would freak out and might hurt me. He sure was cute though! Kodie was also true to her stories. He perched on her kitchen counter begging for treats. He is a Maine Coon and is gorgeous! Anyways, after doing our pumpkins, we went to a greek restaurant. I had hummus, pitas, pasta salad, some sort of zucchini salad, and some sort of fish. I didn't like it. I guess I kind of did because I ate it, but I definitely wouldn't go there again.

Afterwards, I came home and spent the afternoon with my two boys. We played and I snuck in a little nap. Since Ryan is naturally an early riser, Paul and I take turns on the weekend getting up early. I typically get up with him Saturday morning around 6 and Paul takes Sundays. So I try to sneak in a Saturday nap so I can stay up late watching movies and recorded tv shows. Tomorrow, we hope to take Ryan to Toys R Us and get him a fun new toy. He's going to his grandpa's house in the morning though. For now, I'm going to eat my Alfredo's sub and settle in to watch hours of tv. Maybe I can even stay up until 11! I hope you all are having a good weekend.

No comments: