Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fortunate.

I very often try to remind myself that I don't have problems in life. Because I don't. Sure, there are things in my life that I'd change. I wish we had the money for a bigger house or to put Ryan in swim lessons AND Little Gym AND preschool, but they aren't problems that can't be fixed without saving a bit of money or simply with time.

I have two friends who are on the brink of homelessness. One is a mom to a sweet girl Ryan's age whose husband copes with mental illness. She's one of the strongest people I know. The other is also a mom and has given up the life she built for herself to change her life in hopes of it being better for everyone. Both are strong women who have weathered many storms. Homelessness - that's a REAL problem.

I'm currently reading not one, but TWO blogs (here and here) that are about BABIES having brain tumors. One is right here in Dallas. THOSE are real problems.

I sit here in my air conditioned home, belly full of wild rice and meatloaf, and my biggest problem is that I have to wash my hair two nights in a row (with hot water and shampoo, no less) because I'm meeting a friend to have dinner tomorrow and I don't like to wash my hair two days in a row. I have First World Problems. My other biggest problem is that I have to wait to find out if I get a big promotion at work (yep - stillllllll waiting on that) and I still have to go to work in my nice office and do my job day to day.

I want to help them. I don't know how.

No comments: