Monday, June 13, 2011

In time..

*crosses fingers*

I hope that in good time, the things I want work-wise come my way.

I'm desperately trying not to get excited about anything but it sure is hard sometimes.

Anyway. For now, I just need to wait and keep my mouth shut.

Things have been going really well for us. Ryan had a little cold the tail end of last week but he's all better now. He's done remarkably well going off of formula and bottles. The first few nights bottle free were confusing for him but now, even if he's not quite ready to go to sleep, he plays quietly in his crib for 5 or 10 minutes before finally settling down and going to sleep. I really think we're just lucky that we got such a great sleeper.

Eating is a different story. That kid is a little bird...pecking here and there, but never really eating a ton. I suppose he's getting all he wants, but it makes me nervous. He's getting taller and now, when he reaches up, I can count his little ribs. He's getting plenty to eat and tells us when he's done, so I guess he's okay. I just wish he'd eat some damn veggies.

In other news...we've decided to finally tackle the mess that is our 2nd living room/gameroom/man cave. It's actually a garage that's been converted to a living area. I think the previous owners used it as a media room. When we moved in, the room had wall to wall cream colored carpet and bright red walls complete with movie theatre uplighting on the walls. We used that room quite a bit up until Ryan was born. Sometime between the time we moved in and the time Ryan was born, we thought it would be a great idea to stain the concrete. You see, my mom and Diane have several rooms with stained concrete in their home and it looks great. Ours....not so much. When Ryan was born, he absolutely hated being in that room. So we moved into our formal living room and there we've stayed.

Now we're taking it back and shelling out the cash to put down new flooring, paint, new window treatments and lighting, as well as hopefully...some new furniture. I think we've finally picked the floor out and now just need to decide on a paint color. I'll have to post before and after pictures once it's all done - which probably won't be anytime in the next month, unfortunately.

Either way - hopefully lots of good things coming our way.

No comments: