Saturday, June 4, 2011

Am I the Creepy Lady Down The Street - Part 2

How sad is it that I'm asking myself this question yet again? If you don't remember, you can read the original creepy lady post here.

I never did hear from them after dropping that card in their mailbox. I've seen them around but I don't get the impression that my neighborhood in general is really "neighborly" so there's no waving to each other or anything. On Thursday while doing the daily drive by the mail box to pick up my mail (we park in the back), I saw New Mom walking to her mailbox with her baby and made a decision then that I was going to park my car, go into my house, change clothes, and march over there and introduce myself.

Maybe the mailman stole my card. Maybe someone else checked their mail for them and they never saw it. Maybe they thought it was weird and wrote it off as some crazy lady down the street going off her rocker. Anyways, I decided enough was enough and I was going to make her be my friend hell or high water. So I parked, came inside, changed into capris and a shirt, popped Ryan on my hip and walked over there.

I'm not sure what prompted me to just do it and even as I was walking up the path to their front door I was nervous. I rang the bell and the husband answered the door. Now, I can't recall exactly what was said but it was something along the lines of, "Hi" *awkward smile* "My name is Sam. I live just across the way. I have a baby too!"

Nah, it wasn't that bad. It was a 5 minute conversation that I can't remember. I know she teaches kindergarten and their baby's name is Sophia. I doubt I'll ever hear from them again, but hey, I did it. And I really don't think I looked TOO crazy.

Today was my best friend Kelli's son's birthday party. He turned 1. She had a super fun beach themed birthday party for him. I really admire her decorating skills. From the sidewalk chalk pointing to the direction of the beach to the cupcakes with "sand" on them to the slip n slide, it was very cute and everyone had a great time. I have another 1st birthday party to go to in a couple of weeks. As much fun as they are, they sure are exhausting!

No comments: