Monday, June 20, 2011

Job Front

I mentioned in my last post that I was crossing my fingers and keeping my mouth shut. Well, I'm still keeping it shut - mostly.

Recently, a position has opened up at work. It's a really great opportunity for me and would be a big step up in the world at Large Retailer. It was not really publicized that this position is open. Typically, if the powers that be don't have a particular person in mind, the opening is announced in a casual way and people are encouraged to apply. I happen to know about this opening because of my awesome seating location that allows me to overhear conversations.

I applied for the position and am now awaiting my first interview.

I really, really, really, really want this. This is the area of Large Retailer that I've wanted to work in since I started and tried to map out a plan for my future. And to make things more awesome, it just so happens that this position would be reporting to the person who has kind of taken me under her wing and been my mentor for the last 3 years. So I know I would have amazing support.

It's a big step. It comes with a fancy raise and double bonus potential. It would allow me to work from home. It would give me good exposure. It would advance my career overall and make me a better HR Professional. I could go on. I don't see the downside to this position. It would be more work, but I'm excited about that. I'm excited about being excited about my job!

So...KMFX. I'll keep updating as I get further along in the process.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you too!