Saturday, July 23, 2011

I probably shouldn't be sitting around

One of my best girlfriends and my maid of honor, Laura, descends on Dallas today at approximately 11:47 AM. I cannot wait. I haven't seen her since November when I went up to Chicago (you remember...we got robbed) and the the last Harry Potter part 1 movie was released.

Laura and I didn't start out as friends. We actually met online on the same messageboard that I met my husband on. Apparently that's where I meet all my husbands and/or best friends. Anyways, she helped me immensely when I bit the bullet and packed my bags to move to Illinois and she was there for me when things weren't going as I'd hoped. She even helped get me a job. And she was there for me when I quit that job. Our friendship has evolved over the years into an easy, comfortable one that just...fits. It's like sliding into a comfortable pair of jeans that fits just right and looks good too. I am so excited to see her.

She came to visit around this time last year, and Ryan was only about 2.5 months old. Now she'll get to meet my rambunctious toddler. We have some fun things planned for the weekend - Mexican food and Harry Potter Part 2 tonight, breakfast then swimming and grilling tomorrow, and shopping and lunch on Monday, which means no work for me.

I sent Paul and Ryan to Toys/Babies R Us to get more babyproofing things. You might THINK your house is baby proofed. But it's not. It never is. So I probably shouldn't be sitting around. I need to finish up some stuff around here and make myself presentable. And I don't have much time.

No comments: