Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Murphy's Law

Whatever can go wrong WILL go wrong.

That is the case today for me.

As I previously mentioned, I am trying to get promoted at work. I've applied for this position and have had the first round of interviews. I (im)patiently waited. And waited. Finally, my second interview was scheduled.

It was today at 3 PM. Oh wait, except it wasn't. It was today at 2 PM. I walked into the office of the person I was supposed to interview with (a VP) only to be informed that I was an hour (!!!!) late. Oh, I was mad. I get extremely anxious about interviews. I get an upset stomach and heart palpitations. I just have really high anxiety about those things. So when I was late (the VP didn't really care why), I kind of freaked out. Everything got all worked out and I was scheduled for 4:00.

I had to call my mom and ask her to keep Ryan a bit longer. Thankfully, she had canceled her plans for the evening and could keep him. I arranged to have Paul pick Ryan up. At 4:00, the Interviewer was still meeting with another candidate. His admin needed a quick minute (around 4:05) and then he got on a call. I was still waiting at 4:35. I wasn't sure how long I should wait. I'm glad he came out when he did.

Anyways, I am relieved to have the second interview over with. I believe it went well. Now, we wait some more. Hopefully they'll make a decision within the next week.

On one hand, I feel really good about my chances. On the other, I'm almost positive they won't pick me. I feel like I've done my best, though. I guess that's all I can do.

1 comment:

bootsie q. mcgromblestein said...

tbh, i think that your flexibility (at least what he can see of it) is a big helper to your case. obviously, this was an effed up situation and you handled it as smoothly as possible, so in addition to the fact that i already think they want you as their prime candidate... i think your actions today show even more promise. <3 i can't wait until you're running the place.