Saturday, January 1, 2011

What we resolve.

First post of the new year! Huzzah!

Everyone makes New Year's Resolutions. Well, maybe not EVERYONE, but many people do. I am one of them. I love New Year's Resolutions; I'll admit it. I make the same one every year and every year I might succeed for a little while but then I inevitably succumb to the deliciousness of cookies and cake and fried items.

So, again, I resolve to lose weight. In my dream world, I'll have lost 40 lbs by Ryan's first birthday and will look like I did when I met my husband 7 years ago. In reality, while 40 lbs is a pretty attainable goal for 5 months, it's ambitious and would take more dedication than I'm probably willing to put in. Probably. Anyways, I'm resolving to lose weight and here are my reasons:
  1. My son requires me to chase him all over the damn house and I'm currently too fat to do so without getting winded.
  2. I really want to move from 2x to 1x clothing. I have a ton of cute clothes that are just too small.
  3. Everyone else I know isn't as fat as I am.
  4. My face looks fat now.
  5. Getting too close to not being able to shop in the big girl's section. yikes.
In reality, I just want to be healthier. Someone very close to me had the lap band surgery this year. $10K later and she is healthier, but I see the struggles she goes through and I don't want to be there. So I joined Weight Watchers (again) and I've already added the recipes I'm making this week. I'm a little leery about posting this publicly because there are a few people who I know in person that read my blog and I'd rather not discuss this with anyone I know aside from my husband. So if you're reading this and we know each other personally, do both of us a favor and don't mention it. I promise it will save us from an awkward conversation.

So, like many people, losing weight is my New Year's Resolution. I'm making DH participate, so he has no choice but to make that his as well. Ryan's resolution is to continue growing and learning and eat his spinach so he can be big and strong like Popeye. That kid is everywhere now and is going to have the bumpiest head from all the bumping he does.

And now I'm off to pick up toys while the little one naps.

No comments: