Friday, January 7, 2011

Weight Watchers: Week 1

I joined Weight Watchers last Saturday. I blew it off until the REAL New Year started when I went back to work on Monday. So today is Day 5. I changed my weigh in day from Saturday to Friday, so I weighed in today. I have a total loss of 3.5 lbs.

I am proud of myself.

I really think the key is in meal planning. I planned everything I ate, which wasn't really that hard for me because I had been doing that before I joined Weight Watchers. I just had to make some slight modifications. So as much as I miss my bagel and honey nut cream cheese for breakfast, my protein bar and banana isn't a bad trade. I've still been taking leftovers from dinner for lunch, but I am finding that my regular old recipes are a bit high in points. So I plan on looking at the WW website more this weekend and getting some good recipes to try. I am going to miss E-Mealz, though, because they make your grocery list (store specific) and everything!

I do have to say that at first, while I was skeptical about the new points system, I really like that fruits and veggies are "free". The banana I eat is 0 points and I've been eating a tomato with lunch that's 0 points too. It's going to be pretty awesome when summertime is here and I can enjoy berries and fruit for freeeee!

But, for now, I'm going to enjoy my delicious cheese pizza (within my points) and watch some tv with the hubs.

No comments: