Friday, January 21, 2011

Win

I weighed in this morning and was shocked to see a 2.5 loss. I'm up to 7 lbs now! I worked really hard to stay within my points this week. Last weekend, I relaxed a bit and went out to dinner with my husband, had a margarita, and also an ice cream sundae. But it was the single serving, not the double!! So I worked hard not to go over in my daily points since I figured I had probably used up my weeklies on the ice cream and mexican food.

I'm pleased with my progress. I'm averaging about 2.3 lbs a week, which is good. I haven't felt deprived since I discovered a delicious treat! I call it Peanut Butter Treat (original, I know).

2 tbsp fat free cool whip
1 tsp peanut butter
mix it together and use it as a dip. Or just eat it as soft serve! I usually double the recipe and top it with mixed berries.

It's great to have at night when I'm feeling especially snacky. I find that the busier I am, the less concerned with food I am. Lucky for me, I'm slammed at work (hence the near abandonment of this blog) and therefore I am too preoccupied to think of anything except work until my bladder forces me to leave my desk. Most of the time, I get home and am exhausted, begin my 2nd job as Mommy and manage to cook dinner, clean the kitchen, put the baby down, and shower before 8:00. By then, I want to eat a big ole bowl of carbs or chocolate. My peanut butter snack has been a good substitution.

Work has been insane for the last 3 weeks. We've been preparing for lots of organizational changes, every single one of them positive changes for the people affected. The announcements were finally made yesterday and it's such a relief! With all the anticipation surrounding it, you could cut the tension with a knife. Sadly, one of my mentors and friends is now going to be working in another location. I'm going to miss being able to stop by his office and chat with him about anything.

Other good news this week! I got a Nook! I was vehemently against e-readers. I couldn't possibly imagine not having paper in my hands reading. The weight of the book. The way it feels in my hands. It all felt a little Fahrenheit 451ish to me. Then I thought about how weird it felt to download entire albums and how I wondered why anyone would download music when you could buy an actual physical cd! And have something to hold and look at! Now, the thought of buying a cd confuses me. Where do you even buy cds anymore? Why wouldn't you just download the music? And that's when it struck me that I needed to just suck it up and get my fancy new e-reader. And. I. Love. It.

I love it so much that I'm going to go read it now.

No comments: