Friday, January 14, 2011

Happenings

I got nothin'.

No, really, this week flew by with nothing out of the ordinary or especially exciting happening. I went to work and came home every day. That's about it.

However, today is the beginning of Week 3 of Weight Watchers. It was my 2nd weigh in today and I'm proud that I lost 1 lb. I know 1 lb doesn't seem like a lot, but coupled with last week's lost, I'm negative 4.5 lbs! Better than 0 lbs! I was frantic last night, worrying that I hadn't lost any weight and might have actually gained weight despite following the program. On my way to work, I considered all of the things I could be doing to move my progress along.

First of all, I need to get more physical activity. I refuse to say exercise because I loathe exercising. It's not fun and makes me feel bad about myself. So I decided that I'm going to park further away at work. This is a big deal because I get there so early that I park mere feet from the door. I mean, who doesn't like rock star parking?! I know it seems like a little thing, but for someone whose physical activity is limited to walking to the potty and back, a few extra steps in the parking lot will be beneficial. We'll see how it goes from there. Plus, I'd rather do this now than when it's 1000 degrees again.

Secondly, I need to spread my WW points out through the day more evenly. For example, I'm left with 16 points tonight after work today. That's a lot of points (nearly half of my daily limit) to "spend" between 6:30 (when Ryan goes to bed) and 9 PM (when I go to bed). I need to eat less in the evenings and more throughout the day. That's step 2.

I guess that's just two things. Two things that I can commit to for one week.

In other news, work is getting increasingly busier by the day and I can't say I hate it. I'm just the type of person who works best under pressure, so being busy is a good thing for me. Ryan and Paul are both doing great. Ryan turned 8 months old this past Monday and is busier than ever. He only gained half a pound from last month and is still 27 inches tall. He's starting 3 meals a day, up from 2 meals a day and has tried tons of things. There isn't much he doesn't like! He's crawling like crazy and loves to cruise too. Biggest achievement over the last month: He can sit down from standing. Seems like a small thing, but it's really huge and I'm proud of him!

No comments: