Sunday, May 1, 2011

Time.

It's May 1st. 2011.

How is it possible that it's been nearly a year since my baby was born? This time last year I was in my final days at work preparing for maternity leave and at home for Ryan's arrival. My last day at work was May 4th and I spent the following 5 days waiting. On the 6th day, he came.

Anyways, I'm in awe that it's been nearly two years since we first decided to have a baby. I personally believe your life changes then, not when your baby is born. You decide to change your lifestyle, quitting all things wonderful (booze...diet coke...sushi..coffee) for as long as it takes. You decide to share your body with another human. Of course, your life doesn't REALLY change drastically until you're holding your precious infant in your arms and the weight of the world firmly plants itself on your shoulders for the rest of your life.

I'm rambling. Ryan amazes me every single day. He's been sort of walking for quite some time, since about mid-March...but he'd really only walk from one person to another and only very short distances. Well, he decided on Friday that he was going to walk, and walk he did. He hasn't stopped since. It just amazes me that 8 months ago he was just starting to sit up and in the last year, he's gone from basically being totally helpless to sitting, standing, walking, feeding himself...he's a tiny person who can do everything I can do (almost). I'm so proud every time he toddles across our living room, or looks at me with all seriousness and says, "ah da gur mah ba". Here's a video of my little toddler (no longer a baby):



In other news...I just finished reading Water for Elephants. I think there's a movie out with the same title, based on the book. I casually picked this up (ok, downloaded onto my nook) last week and finished it within a few days. Overall, nice story and kept me reading but I wasn't absolutely blown away. I'm starting The Hunger Games series tonight and hope to hang onto those through the next 3 weeks. Hopefully they're as good as everyone says they are.

No comments: